Interviewing participants after a user trial and recording their first impressions.
Davis Associates produced a train driver display simulator to test design concepts for Bombarider Transportation UK as part of the London Underground Victoria Line Upgrade programme.
How we do it
We research and engage with end users and apply human science knowledge. We have over 300 user research methods and tools at our fingertips and we can explain which will be the most cost-effective for your project.
Our techniques include both quantitative and qualitative analyses and are drawn from a wide range of disciplines including: ergonomics, experimental psychology, biomechanics, anthropology and operational research. Many involve engagement with users but some do not. Below is one of the breakdowns used in our typology of methods:
- Discover Contextual research, Ethnographic techniques
- Watch Behavioural analysis, Experience prototyping
- Measure Anthropometric analysis, Usability testing
- Listen Complaint logs, Video diaries
- Ask Interviews, Semantic differentials
- Empathise Personas, Empathic tools (such as vision impairment googles)
- Map Cognitive mapping, Task analysis
- Assess Heuristic assessment, Mock-up user trials
Click on the links above or left to read about some of our techniques.